La Nuova Musica
- David Bates director
- Rachel Kelly mezzo-soprano (as Dido)
- George Humphreys baritone (as Aeneas)
- Anna Dennis soprano (as Belinda)
- Emilie Renard soprano (as Sorceress)
- Helen Charlston mezzo-soprano (as First Witch)
- Martha McLorinan mezzo-sporano (as Second Witch)
- Louise Kemény soprano (as Second Woman)
- Nick Pritchard tenor (as Sailor)
- Richard Bannan baritone (as Spirit)
‘Genius’ may be an overworked term but it surely applies to Purcell and Dido and Aeneas.
David Bates and La Nuova Musica offer a lunchtime date with the opera’s full passions and high emotions, its earthy humour and profound tragedy.