7:30 pm BST
5 Sloane Terrace
- Orff Carmina Burana
- Eric Whitacre Five Hebrew Love Songs
- John Joubert O Lorde, the Maker of Al Thing
- Mozart Violin and Piano Sonata in A major, K. 305
- Lewisham Choral Society
- Sydenham High School Voices
- Louise Kemény soprano
- Alex Ashworth baritone
- Tim Travers-Brown countertenor
- Nico de Villiers piano
- Jakob Fichert piano
- Paula Muldoon violin
- Dan Ludford-Thomas conductor
One of London’s most popular choirs presents three choral classics. Opening with the thunderous O Fortuna (associated by many with after-shave adverts or The X-Factor), Carmina Burana is a work of many moods and colours: exuberant choruses, infectious rhythms, lyrical plainsong-like melodies and ravishing solos.
Eric Whitacre’s beautiful and tender Five Hebrew Love Songs, set to his wife’s poems, are performed in his setting for choir, violin and piano. John Joubert’s O Lorde, the Maker of Al Thing (text possibly penned by Henry VIII) is a classic of the Anglican repertoire.
Mozart’s lively A-major Violin and Piano Sonata complements this vibrant choral programme.